Do you love wood-fired pizzas? Do you want to share pizza and home-made breads with your friends and family using an earthen oven you built yourself for very little money?
Join Ben Waldman of Urban Mud, Alisha Black-Mallon of Natural Genius, and Woodbine Ecology Center for a two day, intensive, hands-on introduction to Cob Ovens and the world of natural building.
We will be building a cob oven and bench at Woodbine . This will be a permanent installation that will serve the Woodbine Community for years to come.
What is Cob?
Cob is a mixed composite of sand, straw and clay. This highly sustainable building material can be used for wall systems, floors, benches, ovens, and in many more ways. Cob is a traditional building technique that is still used by many people in the world today.
What will I learn?
- The basic principles and ideas of the modern natural building movement.
- Identification of soils and materials for cob.
- How to properly mix, apply, and trim cob.
- The basic components of a structure
- Basic principles of a wood-fired oven.
- Construction process of a wood-fired cob oven.
- Camping, Delicious Food, Great People
- And much more!
Cost: New lower price: $150.00
Course registration is through Urban Mud. Please click here to go to their website for registration and more information.